MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Force Horizonal postbit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Run this SQL query as mentioned:
UPDATE mybb_users SET classicpostbit = 1
(phpMyAdmin tells you how many rows are affected and updated)

Make a cross-check whether this field (classicpostbit) was actually updated for all and find rows not having classicpostbit = 1:
SELECT mybb_users WHERE classicpostbit = 0
If you get no results, the classic view is set for all users succesfully. Then you need to have a look at the templates!

Are you really talking about "display posts in classic mode" (author information element)?
Or do you want to change the "Linear Mode"/"Threaded Mode" instead?

[ExiTuS]
(2021-03-15, 10:05 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]I don’t really know what else to suggest then, I can only imagine the query didn’t run, but if I can’t see it I can’t really help.

Are you hosting a live public forum via XAMPP?

No just a personal project mate
(2021-03-15, 11:13 PM)[ExiTuS] Wrote: [ -> ]Run this SQL query as mentioned:

Make a cross-check whether this field (classicpostbit) was actually updated for all and find rows not having classicpostbit = 1:
If you get no results, the classic view is set for all users succesfully. Then you need to have a look at the templates!

Are you really talking about "display posts in classic mode" (author information element)?

[ExiTuS]

Query is the other way isn't it? They want the horizontal postbit so would be

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `classicpostbit` = 0

But yes, it'll say how many rows were affected.
(2021-03-15, 11:13 PM)[ExiTuS] Wrote: [ -> ]Run this SQL query as mentioned:

[ExiTuS]

Yes mate, I mean the mode viewing in postbit and I want horizontal mode.
When you run the query, does it say how many rows were affected? Have you got more than one database and maybe running it on a different one by mistake?
Sure, classicpostbit=1 is the author information at the left hand side - classicpostbit=0 is on top of post.
Nevertheless the SQL SELECT query should give you the result for all or not.

@Dizzygaming
It seems this discussion is turning round because of different notatoins and meanings. What do you really mean by "mode viewing" or "horizontal mode"?
If "mybb_users.classicpostbit" is not what you want to change, then the other option is "mybb_users.threadmode". You can update these fields to either "threadmode = linear" or "threadmode = threaded".

It makes no fun to get your reply causing another confusion
What exactly do you want to achieve.
If you can't describe more precise, let us know in a screenshot or such like...

I think it is caused by your theme and its templates. So provide the contents of these templates to have another investigation...

[ExiTuS]
while I have mentioned this sort of old commonly used method / bypass of force postbit display by template to others in the past, it was simply easy to determine this as the most obvious issue as the obvious factor being that the reason why NONE of these suggestions are working for you is because if you actually look at the theme templates, the author just copied postbit_classic content into postbit template, thus NONE of the previous suggestions will work (since no matter the template switch, it is the same template content) and such not working, was also the means to discovering your solution as you would want to define/revert postbit template as its original horizontal type template again and THEN apply solutions, OR  if you opt to say apply similar but opposite method the author previously was using for existing force postbit display by template and take the now reverted postbit template content and copy it into postbit_classic template, thus reversing the existing method, jest saying. Wink
Dizzy I have responded to your Private Message regarding this and will fix the issue since I posted the theme.
(2021-03-17, 05:51 PM)Nasyr Wrote: [ -> ]Dizzy I have responded to your Private Message regarding this and will fix the issue since I posted the theme.

Thank you very much buddy!
Pages: 1 2