MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Worst teacher youve ever had
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who was the meanest teacher youveever had from preschool to college
I had one professor who took over 2 weeks to grade a paper. It was turned in on a Sunday for a class. School policy is that all nondiscussion assignments are to be graded by the end of the following Friday. I was in contact with Student Central at least twice a week from basically week 3 and onward in the 8 week course. I don't think that professor teaches anymore due to all the hassles I went through and what I threatened the school with. I basically gave the school an ultimatum that I either get an 'A' for that course instead of the 'B' due to the professor's incompetence since not getting the feedback for the next essay on time costed me more points since I couldn't fix it, let the professor go at the end of the term, or I would be swapping schools. In the end I got that as one of my only "B"s on my report card while everything else is "A". I haven't seen or heard from the Professor since that incident.
I was lucky to get good teachers while a teenager, once I got to college I knew some that weren't so good.

But the only one I will probably remember forever is the one that gave me a failing grade in my English class, being a few of the ones that spoke English in my course. I didn't get mad, it was just silly..
I have had my share of teachers with bad attitudes but the worst..

Let's see.

TW: Racism, Violence, Long Post

1. In third grade, I had a racist, alcoholic teacher, (she was mostly kind to the other kids, but she would always answer "What do you people want?" Whenever I or the only other Black kid in that class (the majority were Jewish and 2 others were also White, but not Jewish) would raise our hand to ask a question.) She smelled of alcohol daily as if she were wearing it as perfume, and would basically smuggle vodka into work in a coffee cup, and in one of those tall metal thermos's that truckers often use for coffee, in her purse. She got physically abusive with me, because this kid was bothering me in class and ended up knocking my class project off my desk and damaging it.

When I raised my hand and told her (basically following the rules) she came over and slapped me so hard in my face that the force knocked my glasses off, and the impact left all five of her fingers on my face. She actually caused me to have tinnitus in both ears.

After that, she grabbed me by my hair and started slamming my head onto the metal radiator, and in doing so, she left permanent scars on my forehead and face from where her nails dug in and scratched me after the initial blow. 

I would probably be dead today if it werent for the fact that I bit her has hard as I possibly could in order to break free of her.

Her actions scared the entire class so bad, that when the second teacher called security after she couldn't stop the teacher from slamming my head on the radiator, and the principal showed up too, the White kid who initially started it, started crying and told both the principal and security that he started the whole thing.. and the rest of the class basically backed him and me up on it. 

Including the other teacher when the first teacher tried to lie and say that I was "being unruly and disrespectful" in class. The other teacher basically told them that it wasnt true and that I fought back in self-defense.

The principal ended up calling my mother and told her that they were sending me home from school early, but didn't say why. The only other things that I remember from that day, was the kid who started it apologizing to me repeatedly, the bus driver whom always picked me up and dropped me off each day saying: "What the F happened to your face" repeatedly and then being in utter shock when I told him that it was a teacher who did that to me. 

I dont know what happened to the teacher, but I do know that the school basically sided with her, (despite witness accounts from the class and a detailed report of what exactly happened from the other teacher.) and they decided not to fire her, they said that "she was a good teacher, but was having a rough day, and made a mistake" (basically the same crap that they say about the female teachers who get caught preying on their students in "other ways") presumably because she was also involved with the principal even though both were married to other people (they weren't very quiet when thry argued about it outside the classroom.) And about half of the kids were pulled out of her class because the other parents heard about what she did to me. 

As for me, I wasn't suspended or expelled, but they reccomended special ed because of "my behavioral issues." I wouldn't be able to get that corrected until I was in the middle of the 7th grade, when all of my other teachers would constantly wonder why a kid like me who was so well behaved and got the highest test scores in not just the district, but the city as well (I got an award from the city for it) would be in the class with some of the worst students in school. 

They were actually baffled until they asked me one day, and I told them. They didn't believe me until my mother told them when they sat us down in the principal's office during parent-teacher night. They told her that they wanted to mainstream me and put me in regular classes and she gave her permission to have me tested to do so. They would eventually find out that in the 7th grade, I was reading, writing and doing math at college junior level. I ended up bumping into the second teacher years later when I was in the 8th grade and about to graduate, she apologized to me and told me that she quit when she found out about the schools decision regarding that situation and after the school sided with the teacher again, after another racist incident with who only other Black kid in her class and was glad that my school put me in regular classes.

---------

2. In the 10 grade I had a mean math teacher who basically said that I would fail her class amd utimately the Regents exam, because, I would come up with the same answer she did, but with less steps, and in half the time, but could never explain it. She was absolutely sure I was cheating, but could never prove it and she watched me like a hawk during tests. And whenever she called me up to the board so I could write out how I got to my answer, she would get mad amd say "I didnt teach you that." And erased the board.

After class she told me that I would fail the Regents and ultimately her class because "I didn't know how to follow directions."

Spoiler alert: I didn't, and I ended up getting a 95 on my sequential math 2 Regents and that was because verbal logic math questions confused me and I didnt have time to go back and answer it. I told her on the last day of school, and she said she knew I could do it and was proud of me. 

I would end up having her again as my first semester junior math teacher, and she was very nice during that semester. I would find out that over the Summer (after I had her for the Spring semester) her father that she was also caring for had passed away.)

-------------

3. In my junior year, I had a Spanish teacher, who was from Poland, who would get mad at us for pronouncing the words exactly as she did in Spanish. She still had her original thick accent, I'm not sure if it was Polish or Russian, I just know that it confuses a lot of us when she would ask us to repeat our pronunciations as she did when she said certain words. 

If it werent for the fact that I had a Spanish class in the 8th grade, I would have failed her class, just like half the students did.

--------

4. In my junior year, on the last day of school and at the end of class, my social studies teacher, a much older White man in his 50's asked me if I'd ever been on "Soul Train"  before dancing in the bird cage, and then he asked me if I could dance for him when I turned 18. 

Back then I didn't know that he was hitting on me. I just thought that he was trying to be "hip" he would often try to use slang with some of the other students and say "What's up my n*gga, (soft A version, not the hard R version) and giving daps to the guys in class.

I found out the following year that he was let go but no one knew why.

--------

5. In college, I had a professor who was pretty old and basically didn't care because she was tenured and was going to be paid either way (her words, not mine.) She had a problem with me, because I would have to be on call all the time because I was taking care of my late great-grandmother at the time and she only had partial home care, (as in, she was paying for full-time evening home care, since I was in night school, but the HHA basically showed up if and whenever she wanted.)

If the aid wasn't able to show or had to leave early, I had to be able to leave school right then and there and go home. The school knew this because I made them aware of my situation and they worked with me by making it so that I could always pick up my assignments from the dept. head.

This was an arrangement even the professor was aware of because I told her on the first day of classes and she said she understood and would work with me on that.

For the most part, everything was fine until the last part of the semester. My great-grandmothers care taker stopped coming on time, and then eventually stopped showing up and one day I got a call from the police while in class because they had to break the door in to get my great-grandmother off the floor. 

She had fallen out of the bed trying to get to her wheelchair and was alone and on the floor for 2 hours before they got there.. they said that other than being startled that she was ok and that they'd guard the house and wait for me to get home.

Naturally, I GTFO of there ASAP and when I got home, surely enough they were waiting for me. I called the school and on a conference call with both the dean and the dept. head told them the situation and they said that they understood and that they would still work with me, and that I could finish the rest of the semester at home and just come in and take the final on the day of. So I did. I finished up all of my class work, assignments and was emailing 2 other classmates for notes and I was able to finish all of my work early, even though I was now at home.

I was able to get my boyfriend (now husband) to keep an eye on my great-grandmother since it was his day off and it would be a partial day since I only had to turn my work in and take the final. My professor who initally said that she'd work with me and understood my situation, REFUSED to accept my submitted work. 

She basically said "why should I accept your work, when you cut class this entire semester?" And she then said that regardless of what I got on the final, that she would fail me. And she did even though I got a B+ on the final exam, and refused to change my grade. I ended up going over her head and submitted my work to the dept. head and told them the situation and they changed my grade to a B+.

She ended up being forced to retire over that same Summer.

----

Anyway sorry for the long posts, I just wanted to share my experiences.
Well, you have had some reasonably bad teachers.
They were absolutely horrible, even for the late 80's and early to mid 90's when most of these (except the last one, that was in 2002) occurred, that said, I can only imagine the field day that today's ever connected social media world we live in today, would with these people.

And you can imagine the other things these teachers got away with simply because they had the power that they did, and mobile tech wasn't in existence then. If it weren't for her having traumatized the whole class as she did, and the witness accounts of the class, including the White boy who started it, and the other teacher, it would've been my word (a Black girl) against hers (a White woman.)

But as horrible as these occurrences are, they aren't uncommon, at least, not for people like me, as bad as my situations were, I've got friends and family with stories FAR WORSE than mine. Including of when the teachers and staff members were actually allowed to put their hands on you.

I have friends from other countries in the Caribbean, who told me stories like that and thought that it was only limited to those places, or in religious private schools, but they said that the abuse was actually worse here.

Sometimes the biggest bully a kid will ever face in school, isn't another kid, but the teachers and even other faculty members themselves.