MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: IPB 1.3 to Mybb 1.8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all!

I'm currently looking to go from Jcink (a modified version of IPB 1.3) to MyBB 1.8, but the conversion steps won't work. I can't get phpbb2 to install on my site, so I can't go that route.

Does anyone know of another way to convert the database to another host and then to MyBB, or can we get support for the merge system to support IPB 1.3?
We won't be able to add support for IPB 1.3, it's over a decade old and it would probably only be needed for this one conversion, unfortunately we haven't got the capacity to build in support for such an old version for a one-off merge.

Can phpBB not be installed due to it requiring older versions of PHP? I presume the plan would have been to go from IPB > phpBB2 > phpBB3 > MyBB?
Yes, that's the issue.

I found a work-around by installing an older version of XAMPP on my computer, doing the conversion from IPB 1.3 to phpbb2, then installing a new version of XAMPP to install phpbb3, and merging the two that way since it uses the database. That seemed to work, so I guess this can be closed.

I'm just sad that it takes a lot to get a database converted, but at least I can get it done.

Thank you for the help anyway!