MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to turn off email notification for subscribe forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2021-03-23, 08:29 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]Open inc/datahandlers/post.php,
go to around line 1257. Find this line:
$db->insert_query("mailqueue", $new_email);

Delete the line or comment out.

Again,
go to around line 1747. Find this line:
$db->insert_query("mailqueue", $new_email);

Delete the line or comment out.

Thanks, I will try this. Want to know whether this will affect the email notification for registration and password retrieval?
I use task. I set it up to run every day.
(2021-03-23, 08:33 AM)akimoe Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, I will try this. Want to know whether this will affect the email notification for registration and password retrieval?

No, the first one will restrict Thread Subscription Notification emails and the second will restrict Forum Subscription Notification emails.

(2021-03-23, 08:35 AM)martec Wrote: [ -> ]I use task. I set it up to run every day.

This will not restrict mails generated by new subscriptions between two task run sequences.
(2021-03-23, 08:38 AM)异戊二烯 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-03-23, 08:33 AM)秋月 Wrote: [ -> ]谢谢,我会尝试的。是否想知道这是否会影响注册和密码检索的电子邮件通知?

不,第一个将限制主题订阅通知电子邮件,第二个将限制论坛订阅通知电子邮件。

Nice Big Grin
(2021-03-23, 08:38 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]This will not restrict mails generated by new subscriptions between two task run sequences.

I believe it depends on the size of the community. Leaving some e-mail to be sent does not believe that it will reach the limit. If the community is so large, it can be set up to run hourly.
Anyway, if the intention is not to let any email be sent, your solution is in fact better.
thanks effone, martec Smile
Pages: 1 2