MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Style All Boards To Appear Different
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Forum URL: www.saryndil.com/forum

I am not sure if this is possible, but I want to figure out a way to make all of the boards (not categories) on my forum appear different on the index page.

By different I don't just mean a different background image or css. I would like to be able to code them all to look different with tables and have where all the regular forum bit template fields appear be different for each board as well.

As far as I know you can not accomplish this with CCS, as you cannot code tables with CSS.

In short, what do I need to do to code each board on my forum different on the index page?
You can add an overarching class for each Forum Bit according to Forum ID.
This way you are able to handle all forums seperately for styling with CSS.
Edit template "forumbit_depth2_forum" like follows:
<tr class="forumbit_design_{$forum['fid']}">
</tr>
Once done, you can add separate CSS definitions for each Forum ID (e.g. fid=12 and fid=34):
.forumbit_design_12 { background: ...; color: ...; font-size: ...; ... } /* container class */
.forumbit_design_12 strong { color: ...; font-weight: ...; padding: ...; ... } /* Subject title */
.forumbit_design_12 smalltext { color: ...; ... } /* Forum description */

.forumbit_design_34 { ... } /* container class */
.forumbit_design_34 strong { ... } /* Subject title */
.forumbit_design_34 smalltext { ... } /* Forum description */
Of course you need to add definitions for all forums you want ti style different.

Also feel free to add further classes to <td> elements or insert a new tag elements for a more specific CSS styling, e.g.
<span class="threads">{$threads}</span>
.forumbit_design_12 .threads { color: ...; font-size: ...; ... }

[ExiTuS]