MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't upload update folders
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm finally going ahead and upgrading from 1.6 to 1.8 using the latest patch. However I have an issue with the folders with in the upload folder.

All the php files uploaded just fine, but inc, install, jscripts, images are listed as 0% complete and there is an X, likely to cancel. Uploads, admin, archive, and cache on the other hand were self canceled "due to the following error: Is a directory" I've already set it to replace existing files, though I did make a backup the other day.

Should I go into each folder and manually upload the files there?

On a related note I am concerned that I nearly replaced the uploads folder, as that seems to contain all the images my users uploaded over the ears, including profile pictures.

Okay, an update. I went ahead and uploaded all the folders and files manually. It was time consuming but I did it and once I finished my site was working again, as it suffered a SQL error while that was in progress.

However I have a few issues. I attached /install/upgrade.php to the end of my domain, as well as trying /forum/install/upgrade.php as I uploaded the files and everything to the forum folder in my file manager, and I kept getting a 404 error. I tried removing ".bak" from the install folder in my file manager, but that just took my site down again until I restored it.

What's more the home page in my admin cpanel is suffering a SQL error, but as long as I don't go to it's home page I can move around my cpanel just fine, with no other page bugged aside from one relating to a plugin I deactivated before starting the update and have yet to reactivate.

Currently I have my forum set to offline mode as I do have some plugins I need to replace or activate before I let people in again and I don't think I've finished this.
Did you use the Full Package of the latest version? A 404 error for install/upgrade.php suggests the file doesn't exist on the server.

Before the upgrade is run, it's normal for various errors to occur.
If I recall correctly I downloaded the file here.
https://mybb.com/download/
I'm upgrading from 1.6.15, since my host is updating their php requirements. I double check and the folder I got the files from is called MyBB_1826.

I can't rule out human error, considering its me. If the upgrade file is missing where would I find it?
Okay, I figured out what I did. The URL is suppose to have "forums" in it, not "forum". Now I feel silly. This issue is solved.