MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: vpn question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, I was logged out of the community when it told me "I'm sorry, but you are banned. You may not post, read threads, or access the forum. Please contact your forum administrator should you have any questions."

Is there a anti vpn system on this forum? If yes, how can I get it on my forum.
I don't think it's an anti-vpn system, but your vpn probably use a really generic IP already used by spammers, so the IP was banned.
There is no real way to detect simply a vpn
I would agree with @Crazycat.  Lots of services *claim* to identify VPN's, but are really only compiling various indicators that suggest an IP might be a VPN.  I find they frequently miss the mark - especially with mobile / wireless networks.

Adding to that - using a VPN is not conclusive of bad intent.  No easy answer on VPNs if you run a site.  If you're a regular user just browsing the WWW - might expect to be blacklisted more often.  You don't know who else is using that service. Wink
Yes, it will simply be that the IP address you were assigned has already been banned, it's not blocking the VPN directly.
At a time had a script to detect VPN but frankly this is more trouble than anything else.
This days Stand alone forums should be happy for any visitors, not restricting access