MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Activation email is not sent to users
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I hope you are all fine.

My forum is running 1.8.26 with the latest security fixes.

Login & Registration options are configured as Email activation

Users don't get the email to activate their accounts ===> I'm using php mail as Mail handler

Would somebody be able to help me please?

Thank you.
Some webhosts place restrictions on PHP mail.... please check that info: Mail Faq Docum.

you should configure it with SMTP Mail   Big Grin
First thing to do is look at the PHPinfo to see what the settings are.
PHP mail needs a SMTP connection and that's usually set in php.ini
and will depend on your server environment.

look for value of directive sendmail_path, SMTP, and SMTP_port

This link may be helpful info.
https://www.tutorialspoint.com/php/php_s...emails.htm

Check to see if other myBB email functions are working properly. Locate a member who accepts email through their member profile. For example, as administrator I acept emails, so another member can send to me to test if I receive it.

There are folks reporting that gmail sends some mail received to spam because they want to deliver mail that meets their specifications which may be obscure. If your email test goes to a non-gmail address, it might verify that *something* is getting out, then you get to narrow down what isn't.

Your hosting provider may be able to help you with configuration issues.

Good luck.
(2021-03-29, 10:58 PM)DiegoPino Wrote: [ -> ]Some webhosts place restrictions on PHP mail.... please check that info: Mail Faq Docum.

you should configure it with SMTP Mail   Big Grin
Yes This is what They said "There is no restrictions in sending email via PHP."

I tryed SMTP But Still didn't work 

Maybe Incorect configuration ... i don't know

(2021-03-29, 11:05 PM)HLFadmin Wrote: [ -> ]First thing to do is look at the PHPinfo to see what the settings are.
PHP mail needs a SMTP connection and that's usually set in php.ini
and will depend on your server environment.

look for value of directive sendmail_path, SMTP, and SMTP_port

This link may be helpful info.
https://www.tutorialspoint.com/php/php_s...emails.htm

Check to see if other myBB email functions are working properly. Locate a member who accepts email through their member profile. For example, as administrator I acept emails, so another member can send to me to test if I receive it.

There are folks reporting that gmail sends some mail received to spam because they want to deliver mail that meets their specifications which may be obscure. If your email test goes to a non-gmail address, it might verify that *something* is getting out, then you get to narrow down what isn't.

Your hosting provider may be able to help you with configuration issues.

Good luck.
Thank u For Your respond ... Let me See