MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Restore DB correctly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys, I am totally new to MyBB system and I want to transfer the db from my current laptop to my pc. 
so what I did was doing a backup from my admin panel and compressed the backup file as .zip and then trying to importing it through my phpMyAdmin but then I have this error:
SQL query: Documentation
-- MyBB Database Backup
-- Generated: 30th March 2021 at 06:22
-- -------------------------------------
CREATE TABLE `columns_priv` (
  `Host` char(60) COLLATE utf8_bin NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
  `Db` char(64) COLLATE utf8_bin NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
  `User` char(32) COLLATE utf8_bin NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
  `Table_name` char(64) COLLATE utf8_bin NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
  `Column_name` char(64) COLLATE utf8_bin NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
  `Timestamp` timestamp NOT NULL DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP ON UPDATE CURRENT_TIMESTAMP,
  `Column_priv` set('Select','Insert','Update','References') CHARACTER SET utf8 NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
  PRIMARY KEY (`Host`,`Db`,`User`,`Table_name`,`Column_name`)
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COLLATE=utf8_bin COMMENT='Column privileges'
MySQL said: Documentation

#1046 - No database selected
I was trying to delete my db and then running the query again but It's the same. So what I am doing wrong?
The forum runs in my mamp on local.
It says the error at the bottom: "No database selected". You just need to select a database first. There will be a list on the left in phpMyAdmin, click the database first and then import.
(2021-03-30, 10:11 AM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]It says the error at the bottom: "No database selected". You just need to select a database first. There will be a list on the left in phpMyAdmin, click the database first and then import.
Thank you I get it now. Feel very silly for asking such a question  Angel
Thanks man .