MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My user are sporadically getting BANNED Message
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone know how to fix this?  It's sporadic and each member that gets banned I check against the banned ip addresses and there is no match, and my only plugins are for recaptcha and a banner ad

there have been other posts of this kind in the past in general support but none with an actual fix
The only known cause of this is banned IPs. It will only display the message if it matches some kind of data when checking if the user is banned, so there will be something somewhere that suggests they are.
Be careful of wildcard entries and/or CIDR's in the banned IP list.  Having searched a few myself - it's easy to miss an IP when there's a wildcard or CIDR that includes it.

cheers...
hmmm....the latest one had an ip address coming in starting with 110. and there are no ip or wildcards with that in the banned IP addresses list..
Could you attach a screenshot of the message the next time it happens? There's a few different types of messages that might show. But I looked over the code earlier and it'll only show any of them if the user is in a "banned" group, has a banned email address, or a banned IP address.
(2021-03-31, 08:46 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Could you attach a screenshot of the message the next time it happens? There's a few different types of messages that might show. But I looked over the code earlier and it'll only show any of them if the user is in a "banned" group, has a banned email address, or a banned IP address.
[Image: RTRForum.png]
Yeah, so the only place this is called in the entire codebase that I can see is in the IP ban check. The only way we'd be able to debug would be to know the IP of a user who's getting it, and a list of all banned IPs.
thank you for your reply...I do know the ip of the user...unless it is being rewritten somewhere down the line, like they are using a vpn, their ip starts with 110 and that is not blocked at all anywhere in the table

I think my guy is using a vpn because I'm not seeing his ipn hit our system....thank you again for your time...appreciated
Do you use something like CloudFlare which might be caching pages?