MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: new user activation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone,

I am having an issue with new user activation, And before you saying anything yes i read the forums 1st lol. I have tried every setting I can find and can get it to send the activation email, I have done the mail test with a .php file as follows and it works 

<?php
    error_reporting(E_ALL);
      $to = '[email protected]';
      if(mail($to, 'Testing mail', 'This is a mailing test to see if PHP mail works.'))
      {
        echo 'Mail was sent by PHP';
      }
      else
      {
        echo 'PHP could not send the mail';
        print_r(error_get_last());
      }
    ?> 

The activation is not going into junk/spam it is failing in the board

MyBB was unable to send the email using the PHP mail() function.

The email I am using is @mydomain and is set in the board as well. 

Any ideas on what to do ?

479 views nobody has any idea what to do ?
Some sort of response would be great considering I can not find anything to help me out in the forums or on google and I do not want to use smtp I would like to be using my domain email

If it helps I am using a dedicated windows 2016 server with plesk panel
Hello ? Any staff or anyone able to answer me ?
the support here is really pathetic. I can not believe that not a single reply from anyone of the staff members or support team members. The fact that I have done every test and all have passed and still no mail being sent bull.
Sorry you haven't had a reply, it's likely nobody knows what is wrong or has time to debug on the server which is probably what someone would need to do.

If you're using Plesk, can you edit the Subscription, go to Mail Settings, and there should be an option for "Activate mail service on this domain". Is this enabled? If it is, disable it and see if that works.
Thanks for the reply No that did not do anything at all.. I know it can not be server sided as all the emails I have on domains are working perfectly, I have done the testmail.php several times and it works with no issue at all. I am so stumped on what could be causing this I have uninstalled and reinstall the forum 18 times and different versions different php handles i am just lost
Reinstalling won't do anything as that only creates new database tables. By default MyBB just uses the same mail() function as the test does.

Can you replace ./inc/mailhandlers/php.php with the attached?

It should enable more errors and output some debug information when you register. Can you replace the file, register again, and see what it outputs?
Ok done I sent you the result in a pm