MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Automatically detect DST doesn't seem to do anything
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was just trying to set a user's time zone in their user options to be correct since they were having trouble, and right now Daylight Saving Time is in effect so I was thinking "automatically detect DST" would allow MyBB to adjust his time correctly.  It does not. 

Right now DST is in effect where this person lives, and nothing changes when I toggle "auto detect DST" on or off.  Does this mean it's broken?  It also doesn't do anything when I toggle it on or off for my own time zone.

To be clear I'm talking about the Auto DST switch in a user's personal CP options.  I'm not talking about anything in the ACP.

Solved(?):  Setting it to ALWAYS use DST, saving it, and then going back and changing it to Auto Detect DST allowed it to remain on the corrected time.  I just wonder if it's supposed to automatically do it even if "never use" was the most recent selection prior to Auto Detect?