MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: CSS changes will not show even after extensive tries to fix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm at a point where, in a specific theme only, there is an issue where the global.css changes are not reflected. Period.  I literally tested by deleting the ENTIRE global.css content and saving it... and still no change.

Cloudflare is in developer mode as it should be.  I've also manually purged the cache multiple times in addition to this.

I've tried on multiple browsers/devices.  If the browser in question has already seen the website, it absolutely will not update to the new CSS changes.  Not even with Ctrl+F5 or any other browser refresh option.  Deleting cookies, cache, etc... still no change.  (note: loading the site for the first time EVER on a device/browser, DOES show the new version)

I manually clicked to rebuild every single cache in the MyBB admin area also.

When I enter the URL of the global.css page into my browser URL and click refresh, it shows the right changes.  In the example of me deleting all CSS, the global.css page is indeed empty.  Even after this, and going back to the site, and refreshing/taking all steps again... no change.

Where else is there to look?  What else could POSSIBLY be overriding everything else, even a blank CSS page?  As I said, it's theme specific.  This always happens with one specific theme.  Is there some kind of theme specific option I should be checking?  Is there some alternate option for CSS that the theme might be using instead?
Maybe it's a silly question, but...
What is the theme? Is it available to test on a different system? You know, to compare?
-snip- redundant.

This happens to me sometimes as well, what has fixed it for me in the past deleting the cache themes folder. /cache/theme_ID

then rebuild stylesheets in acp tasks. Make sure to backup cache folder in case something goes wrong. Only delete the theme with the corresponding ID, not the whole folder.