MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: VPS server configuration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yes, the Advanced Details link will load that page completely fresh - it won't be the stats for the page that was loaded before you clicked it.

But yeah, it does sound like a network issue. There's 3 things I'd look at:

• MyBB debug stats - if these are slow, it would be a MyBB/PHP/MySQL issue
• TTFB in Chrome dev tools - if this is slow, but the MyBB debug stats are NOT, would suggest an Apache issue between it getting the result of the PHP process, and serving it
• Content Download in Chrome dev tools - if the TTFB is quick, but this bit is slow, that would suggest a network issue. It's started to send the request, but has taken a long time to finish sending it

I'm not an expert but I'd gauge what's wrong based on whichever of these 3 metrics is slow.
Thanks Matt.
The fun part is it varies. Sometimes all is good, as expected. Then other times, not good.
Intermittent troubles are the worst.

Regardless. When I have resolution, I will post here.
Try to get the debug page itself to lag by refreshing till it does, to get data regarding the lagging of the page. As you notices, opening the page after the lag happens won't necessarily provide with data for that.
Problem solved. It took them a while to acknowledge there might be an internal networking problem, but since no other configuration changes were made and lag has disappeared, I'll chalk it up to that.

Server optimizations put in place during this process.

SQL
> max_connections = 200
> thread_cache_size = 14
> innodb_flush_method = O_DIRECT
> innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit = 2
> innodb_buffer_pool_size = 1G
> innodb_buffer_pool_instances = 1
> innodb_log_file_size = 128M
> tmp_table_size = 32M
> max_heap_table_size = 32M
> query_cache_type = 1
> query_cache_size = 72M