MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Change the size of topics/posts ,HELP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to change the size of all topics/posts on my Forum. I want to increase the size of all messages a little with the theme File, not with the editor.To be legible. How can I do this?

forum theme: flatty
This method relies on using a browser with developer tools. Shown here is Firefox browser.
Ctrl-Shift-I or menu / Tools / Web Developer / Web Developer Tools brings up a screen where Inspector tab shows the web page on display. A lot of code is condensed under the ellipsis symbol.

Select the Arrow Pointer (Ctrl-Shift-C) tool and click on a post element. This will show the style to the left in the inspector tab, also the css style file you will want to edit.

Look for the font-size specification. It is coded as 14px. Double-click on that value and change it to something different.  The result of the style change will show up in the web page display. Make as many changes as you want to see the final result.

In this example, the .post_body font-size style in the global.min.css stylesheet is what you need to change. I've exaggerated the size change to 24px so you can clearly see the change.

I think this approach will work with your theme.

[attachment=44019]
Co you still need help?