MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How can Colorize the header_welcomeblock_member in <span class="welcome">
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How can Colorize the header_welcomeblock_member in <span class="welcome">

Hello MyBB community
I'm trying to change the #panel .upper  so when a user Logs in Display the (Name User) in Red Color. Could you help me with a code, any idea or support are Welcome

example of working CSS code in #panel .upper

/* Colorear el Nombre de Usuario Cuando se Logea */
.welcome 
a {
  background-color: red;
  color: white;
  padding: 1em 1.5em;
  text-decoration: none;
  text-transform: uppercase;
}

This would be the result, Picture:
[Image: Panel-Upper-Login-mybb.png]

example of #panel .upper NOT working CSS code, that its the code i need, Just the Text Color RED,
.welcome 
a {
  color: red;
}

This would be the result, Picture:
[Image: Mybb-panel-login.png]

Templante header_welcomeblock_member

<!-- Continuation of div(class="upper") as opened in the header template -->
 <span class="welcome">{$lang->welcome_back} <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=logout&amp;logoutkey={$mybb->user['logoutkey']}" class="logout">{$lang->welcome_logout}</a></span>
 </div>
</div>

I'm sure I have a coding problem or an over styling problem but I have studied and I don't know how to fix it....  Huh

please, any guidance or suggestions would be appreciated.
as I always write, I am not a programmer but I like to customize my forum and at the same time I am learning little by little.

Thank You in advance

Rolleyes
In global.lang.php is welcome_back. Default value is
<strong>Welcome back, {1}</strong>. You last visited: {2}

Replace it with this
<strong>Welcome back,</strong> <strong style="background-color:red;padding:12px;">{1}</strong>. You last visited: {2}

You may need to CTRL-F5 after the change to see results.
You can also modify the .welcome a.logout class in css