MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Help installing MyBBlog
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, I am lost on how to install plugins for MyBB. What is the easiest way to install MyBBlog?
Unzip the archive, upload its content to your forum root directory.
In ACP > Plugins, install & activate "MyBBlog"
Sorry, but I don't get it. I am using Filezilla, but when I unzip a plugin where do all these files upload to? Is it one place? Or multiple?

If anything, MyBB needs a plugin and theme installer that's easy to use without having to upload via FTP.
I'm sorry, using ftp has been a backbone of web site maintenance for many years.  You'll need those skills and many more to maintain anything on the web.

In this case, the zip file contains a upload folder.  Simply select the entire contents of that folder and upload via ftp (Filezilla) to the root of your mybb installation.  I bolded contents to distinguish from folder and contents.  The files will be placed appropriately if you do that.  Can't get anymore specific because we don't know your setup.

I note the plugin is a little old, so personally I'd be on the lookout for complications with the current versions of MyBB and support software.  Haven't actually installed it to check though.

good luck...