MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrading 1.6.13 -> 1.8.26: SQL Error 1264 while Updating Database
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As mentioned in the subject, I am getting this error: (see the attached screenshot)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Updating Database

Performing necessary optimization queries...

MyBB SQL Error

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error: 1264 - Out of range value for column 'postnum' at row 12142 Query: ALTER TABLE mybb_users MODIFY postnum int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0''

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Can somebody please guide me how resolve this issue and complete the upgrade process? Though I am not a programmer, but I can run SQL entries using phpmyadmin, so any help would be most welcome.

Thanks in advance.
Did the error occur when upgrading 1.8.6?

You might need to open file ./install/resources/upgrade35.php at around line #138, change int into bigint:
$db->modify_column("users", "postnum", "int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0'");
to
$db->modify_column("users", "postnum", "bigint(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0'");

Sorry I'm not so sure if it'll work. Remember always to take a backup.

By the way, does any user on your forum have a great many posts? Like more than 2 billion posts?
I am upgrading directly from 1.6.13 to 1.8.26 without first going to 1.8.6. Or should I do that first? What do you suggest?
I'll give your solution a try and report. Thanks. And yes, I have backups .
Regarding number of posts, some members have a few hundred but none more than that.
Will be fine to go straight to 1.8.26 as long as 1.6.13 is selected when upgrading.

It's strange you're getting this error though because the post counts shouldn't be anywhere near exceeding the allowed size of an integer field. Unless perhaps some had negative post counts and the old column allowed for that whereas the new column only allows positive integers.