MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Remove / Delete a user
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I'm trying to make a user purge on a forum I'm taking care of (Running the current MyBB 1.8.26 + a few plugins). I was able to pull a list of users / UIDs from the forum's DB, but found out I don't actually know how to... Delete those users. 

I only know of the "Remove a spammer" feature that might be just what I want, but that also removes all posts and DMs of a user. Although none of the users to be removed have any posts in the postnum column in the database... But if they did, I'd prefer to keep those posts around.

Does such a feature already exist? If so, where can it be accessed? I didn't find it in the ACP nor MCP.
in ACP, "Users & groups" > "find users"
This let you find users based on various criterias.

When you have your search result, select all and in the bottom of the page, you have an action selector where you can choose "Delete user(s)" or "Prune/Delete users' posts"
Ah, okay, didn't notice that one dropdown control element. Thank you!

I am reopening this with a plee for further support. I am trying to make an old users purge. I have more than a 1000 accounts that I need to delete. I have all of the UIDs... And using the manual lookup by username, check, lookup another, check, lookup another... method in the ACP is just too slow.

Is there a URI I can call with a UID that will delete an account? Or perhaps... A few manual database deletes from a database? Or a plugin? I was unable to find anything useful by googling...