MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: authorization code mismatch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am using MyBB version  1.8.26.  Everything was going well without any problems until Hostmonster upgrade to PHP version 7.4.18.  Now I am getting Authorization code mismatch. Are you accessing this function correctly? Please go back and try again.  

Everything I read on the subject is dated.  Nothing about this problem in 2021.   I check the files mentioned in the dated material but that does not seem to be my problem.   Does anyone have an idea how to fix this problem.  Thank you.
My guess: your hosting might have switched on some cache mechanism so your MyBB forum may get same IP for user visits.

Try this to see if the problem will go away:
enable the following setting: Admin CP -> Configuration -> Settings -> Server and Optimization Options -> Scrutinize User's IP address?

Please report back if this option is already turned on or by turning it on the problem persists.
Thanks but Scrutinize User's IP address had no effect. I still get the error when I try to log in.