MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: make the site visible on the net
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi, my site if i go in acp under configuration/spiders is show
from 5 bot (google, bing, yandex, facebook, twitter).
but when i open a browser and i search the first movie i have
placed in the site, i don't found my site in the first 2-3 pages.
how is possible to make the site visible on the browsers ???
thank.
What is the relation between Spider & Movie?
@effone: I think OP expects that if spiders come on his forum, it will be automatically indexed in first pages.

@un_ottico1965: first, you can check on google which pages are indexed, using the search site:domain.com. IE, to kown which pages are indexed for mybb.com, use site:mybb.com
You can also put the name of the movie followed by site:

This will tell you if you have any URLs at all ranking for that search phrase. So

Name of movie site:www.domain.com
(2021-05-15, 12:09 PM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]What is the relation between Spider & Movie?
hi, if the question is for me, i don't know what answer you.
for me (i'm beginner), i think the spider or bot, look at my pages
on the site, and the title of a movie can be reported on the 
engine browser.
that's all.
thank.

(2021-05-15, 03:43 PM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]@effone: I think OP expects that if spiders come on his forum, it will be automatically indexed in first pages.

@un_ottico1965: first, you can check on google which pages are indexed, using the search site:domain.com. IE, to kown which pages are indexed for mybb.com, use site:mybb.com
thank you very much.
i can do like you have wrote me.
bye.

(2021-05-15, 06:58 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]You can also put the name of the movie followed by site:

This will tell you if you have any URLs at all ranking for that search phrase. So

Name of movie site:www.domain.com
thank you very much.
i can do also like you have wrote here.
bye.
Its a matter of understanding in web crawlers in general Smile

All search engines and crawler services make automatic visitis to websites for reading contents with purpose of indexing.
You may see any Bot/Crawler will visit your site every minute (MyBB is able to recognize any crawler as a visitor) - don't care - you can't prevent. It is no human visitor but an electronic web agent.

This indexing will make you part of that search engine - but it doesn't mean your site will be ranked higher.

Just be happy that any search engine or crawler will visit your forum for indexing at all.

[ETS]
(2021-05-16, 11:34 PM)[ExiTuS] Wrote: [ -> ]Its a matter of understanding in web crawlers in general Smile

All search engines and crawler services make automatic visitis to websites for reading contents with purpose of indexing.
You may see any Bot/Crawler will visit your site every minute (MyBB is able to recognize any crawler as a visitor) - don't care - you can't prevent. It is no human visitor but an electronic web agent.

This indexing will make you part of that search engine - but it doesn't mean your site will be ranked higher.

Just be happy that any search engine or crawler will visit your forum for indexing at all.

[ETS]

thank you for your reply.
i know they are web agents and i know also
which of them visit my site.

you say: your site will don't be ranked higher.

if i want  just this ???
make a better ranking ???

someone has told me to download seo for mybb.
but you know also other add-on that can work
right for my problem ???

thank very much.
I think you need to manage your expectations with how well you will rank. There is no magic solution to ranking on the top pages, otherwise everyone would do it. It requires a lot of quality content to index, content with authority, good site structure, and most importantly, time.
(2021-05-17, 02:43 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]I think you need to manage your expectations with how well you will rank. There is no magic solution to ranking on the top pages, otherwise everyone would do it. It requires a lot of quality content to index, content with authority, good site structure, and most importantly, time.
thank. 
i appreciate you!