MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Thank You MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
13 years ago I found myself with Internet for the first time and spent many an hour watching AMVs of DragonBall Z scenes set to Linkin Park. Between these videos I found the time to create my own YuGiOh! cards on a forum with an apt name: yugiohcardmaker.net.

One day, much like the others, I pulled up my favorite site to find that there was a server issue, though of course I had no idea what that meant. But I did see the error message accompanied by a cloud logo with some letters that had to mean something: mybb. So I googled it and found you.

I didn’t know what I was looking at, at first, but after a few minutes I realized I had found software that could help me make my very own website. I tried making sense of the beginner’s guides I found and couldn’t make heads or tails of them, but I did end up digging up a site that installed mybb forums for you. It felt like true magic, and I felt like a real wizard.

This was mostly a hobby for me for so long. And I loved it. I’ve made thousands of websites since 2008, and after some time I realized I could make some side money doing this for others too.

Three years ago I found myself at a career dead end and decided to throw all my chips into the software development basket. And I mean all of my chips. I was unemployed, homeless, eating at a soup kitchen for so long. But that original feeling of being a wizard stayed with me and I have finally found myself on the other side of this journey.

I’m officially a full stack engineer for an excellent company that shares my worldview and is paying me more than I ever expected to make.

I can’t thank you enough, MyBB.
I can’t thank you enough, Alex.
I can’t thank you enough, labrocca.

I’m finally living my dream and it’s all thanks to you. Keep being excellent, my friends.

And thanks for putting up with me when I was so boneheaded, stupid, and full of pride.
Congratulations and really happy to see MyBB has changed the life of someone Smile
These stories are really inspirational.
Congratulations Smile

My story is like yours. I found MyBB because one day a community had server issues and showed MyBB logo. I googled it and found that it was a forum software. Since it was free I downloaded it and tested it to see if it could replace a forum that I created on forumcommunity. After seeing his potential I also started learning PHP and developed my first plugin "Forum Icons", I was only 15 yo. Then after receiving good feedbacks I developed other plugins and I also started receiving requests for custom plugins for free at beginning and then they started paying me.

2 years ago I started working as a full stack developer in a company. I'm actually low paid but it's a good start for now.

THANK YOU MYBB!
well, I  joined the coding world by MyBB, about 7 years ago I was playing SA:MP like any regular player.
a friend create an SA:MP server and created a forum (MyBB) he asked the staff team who can manage the forum to create the boards etc...
i told him I can but the truth idk anything about managing the forum from the ACP. I went to the ACP and tried to find some tutorials on youtube...
at 4 am I get everything done

A few days later I started asking myself how the web works then u know the rest. Last Year I have launched my web Development Agency.