MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Ghost box in sidebar?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First, I wanted to give my thanks to the MyBB community for making such a great system, and pretty easy to use even for us non programmers.

But now that I have installed MyBB on my second site, suddenly I have gotten a strange effect. I was trying out some of the different plugins to enhance the sidebars, and even though most didn't suit me in the end, somehow on my front page I have what seems to be a phantom box taking up the right side and I don't know how to get rid of it. 

I suspect it may be from the "Latest Posts on Sidebar" plugin. Looking into the file I noticed this line in the php file:

"// Add stylesheet to the master template so it becomes inherited.
$stylesheet = "\n.latestpost {
padding: 2px 10px;"

Obviously I don't know if this has added something I can't remove, or maybe something else? Any help at least pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. My site can be seen live at http://www.onlybikers.net/index.php, and I've included a couple screen shots for reference.
Hey,

It is likely you have a left over variable in the index template. I'm guessing this has been solved now as I can't see the issue on your forum?

Apologies for the delay.
(2021-05-21, 08:44 AM)Ben Wrote: [ -> ]Hey,

It is likely you have a left over variable in the index template. I'm guessing this has been solved now as I can't see the issue on your forum?

Apologies for the delay.
Thanks for the reply!

I tried restoring the templates to default without any luck. Going through all the files and even using the debugger in Chrome didn't help pinpoint it. I finally ended up doing a full reinstall of the site which solved the issue. All plugins I wanted to use other than the suspect one were installed one by one and tested without any issues related to this.
 Still have to figure out some functionality issues with other plugins such as fancybox not working and needing to have the ability to upload more than 1 photo at a time to the gallery.
Ghost box seems interesting title Big Grin
Nonetheless, the pages that seem to be affected are index and portal so both of the templates will be getting the variable for putting the sidebar but the sidebar is not available. Probably the leftover CSS and classes caused this issue.

Glad to see your issue is solved for now.