MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Selling MyBB-Plugins.com
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi everyone,

It's been over 10 years since we launched MyBB-Plugins! And what a ride it has been.

It's been a pleasure to provide you with some of the most complex and feature rich plugins for MyBB, free and/or paid. I've truly enjoyed doing custom plugins for some of you and I will sherish the relationships we've built over these years.

Unfortunately, everything has an end. As you know, this is not my full time job and I need to dedicate my free time to a new project that I started a year ago. Because of it, I became less active and therefore my focus on the website has shifted to providing support and fixing bugs, as I rarely have time to add new features to existing plugins, create new plugins or even create exclusive plugins for clients.

Because I would like the business to continue and I don't have the time to dedicate to it, I'm placing the website for sale so that someone else with the same passion that I once had for this business can continue to keep it alive and make it thrive. Meanwhile, I have disabled the subscriptions longer than 1 month, i.e. you can still subscribe for 1 month and you will still be able to make use of your privileges. I just don't want to mislead people into subscribing for longer thant they might be able to the upgrade.

Regarding the financials, this website has generated the following revenue 2014 to 2020 (before that, my data is not as accurate so I decided to exclude it):
  • Upgrades via PayPal: 17,779 USD
  • Upgrades via CoinPayments: 1,329 USD (in cryptocurrencies, valued at purchase time)
  • Invoices for custom plugins: 25,699 USD
  • Total revenue from 2014 to 2020: 44,807 USD
  • Yearly revenue from upgrades (average): 2,729 USD
  • Yearly revenue from custom plugins (average): 3,671 USD
  • Yearly revenue (average): 6,400 USD

Expenses:
  • Quarterly payment for VPS: 40 USD
  • Yearly payment for domain: 12 USD
  • Total yearly costs: 172 USD
  • Total costs from 2014 to 2020: 1,204 USD

In 2021, the numbers have lowered somewhat as I had no time to dedicate to the website in making new plugins, adding new features or do custom work/exclusive plugins. Until July 2021:
  • Upgrades via PayPal: 400 USD
  • Upgrades via CoinPayments: 70 USD (in cryptocurrencies, valued at purchase time)
  • Invoices for custom plugins: 100 USD
  • Total revenue: 570 USD
  • Total expenses: 132 USD

Gross Profit from 2014 to end of 2020: 43,603 USD
Gross yearly profit (average) from 2014 to end of 2020: 6,229 USD

The website is for sale at 15,000 USD 10,000 USD $5,000 $2,000. Assuming that whoever picks up the business invests some time into it, like I did in the previous years, the investment can easily be recovered in less than one year. The website does not have any advertisements, which can easily be used to cover the very low expenses. If there is no suitable buyer until September 2021, the website will shutdown in October 2021.

Additional notes:
  • Feel free to contact me via PM and we can get down to the details via e-mail.
  • You will have access and ownership of 260 exclusive plugins made for our clients through the website - you should continue to provide support to them should the clients have any questions.
  • You will have access and ownership of the 11 Premium plugins.
  • It must be made clear that the website was purchased and the ownership transferred.
  • My username should be changed to some other username and any references to my name should be erased or replaced (e.g. you can take over my account, keep the threads, posts, attachments and so on but use a different name; we can work out the details down the line).
  • The open source / free plugins should remain under my own name as they are published on MyBB.com and I will keep that account. You can still keep them on MyBB-Plugins and provide support to them (as it is today) as I will not be supporting them anywhere and part of the business is about offering support to the open source plugins on the website only.  Since they are open source, you can fork them and continue developing them.
  • The transfer details should be discussed privately but disclosed to everyone once agreed. I would like to keep it transparent.

If you have any questions you can go ahead and ask them through replies or PMs and I'll gladly answer them. If you wish to provide feedback, please do so privately as I would like to keep the discussions oriented toward the sale and/or termination.

Best Regards,
Diogo Parrinha
The price has been lowered to 10K.
The price has been lowered to $5,000. As mentioned in the original post, the yearly revenue from 2014 to 2020 is >$6K so the investment can be recovered in less than one year. I will be shutting down the website in October should no suitable buyer be found.
Price lowered to $2,000. As mentioned before, I will be shutting down the website in October should no suitable buyer be found.
Diogo, I think you don't realize that YOU are mybb-plugins, or in another words that this site lives (and makes benefits) because you administrate it.
Peharps you'd better give it to Omar and ask to have a percentage on benefits, but how many pple sell plugin with this site, and how many can assume the maintenance of your plugins ?

BTW, I'm sad to see you stop, I can understand the reasons, but I don't think your site can"t survive without you.
Hey!

That may be true, who knows! Smile I'm sure we have people capable of taking over the website and I would love to see it being continued. Given the amount of effort I put it into it already over the last +10 years, I would prefer to hand it off entirely than working off percentages and possibly still having to support it every now and then.

Thanks for your input!
This offer no longer stands. I've therefore made available for free all premium plugins. You can find them in the Extend section of the MyBB website. I am no longer providing support for any of them so use at your own risk. I hope they are useful anyway Smile
People will always have a huge gratitude for you for this kind. Thank You Sir.
That's very generous of you. Sorry you didn't manage to sell your site. I did think about it.
That's okay Smile All plugins are licensed under GPL v3 so anyone can pick them up and evolve them. I also made everything available on GitHub: https://github.com/DiogoParrinha/MyBB-Plugins
Pages: 1 2