MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: phpFreeChat v.1-1beta released
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Thanks for the answers, Spikecot! How's the plugin working for you? Still having problems with it?
Having a few problems but i think thats because of the beta version
Yes... thanks for hopping in and helping with info Spikes!

As Spikes said, you should be able to use any version of phpFreeChat. However, I've only worked with the latest 1.8-beta.

Also, as Spikes said, there are a series of issues (though nothing completely killer) with phpFreeChat's latest beta - particularly with IE7. As best I can tell, they are working on fixes, but it seems slow going. Nevertheless, I still like phpFreeChat, as it seems pretty feature-rich, it's free, and it has a flat, non-DB backend; which means it will not screw up your database! Smile

The plugin itself - what I wrote and posted here - is really a simple wrapper. It just creates a space for the phpFreeChat session in the MyBB code and gives some control over it to to the admins via the Admin CP.

As I've said before, I'm just learning PHP, so I'm far from a guru. Nevertheless, I'm still trying to put some time into this and improve it as much as the "wrapper" can improve. phpFreeChat, while open source, is still a bit over my head. So, I'll stay on the plugin side and hope others working that project make that better. Wink.

Anyway, please stay tuned and don't hesitate to dig into the code I provided here. Many of you are probably more astute than I here, and may find you have much to contribute.

Ichi
The plugin isn't available anymore! Are you taking it back to the drawing board? Big Grin
It still looks up there to me Judel. http://mods.mybboard.com/view.php?did=493

I simply removed the 1.0 beta - leaving the newer 1.1 beta up there. I still have some work to do on it, but time's been tough to come by. In addition, it has kinks - mostly due to the phpFreeChat still being in beta. However, it's a pretty good little tool/plugin if you operate a fairly simple small board. I'm not sure how well phpFreeChat would handle a large user load.

Hopefully I'll get a little time to work on it (at least the plugin part) soon.
Well, it wasn't there when I looked before! Glad it's back! Big Grin
Pages: 1 2