MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [REQUEST] IP Ban
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello there, I have a big Forum, and we get a lot of spammers daily, there is only one admin in the Forum and that's me, and of course I'm the only one who can ban IP's, but I want Moderators to be able to ban IP's but without the need of going into the Admin CP. It's for security purposes that I don't let other people into the Admin CP, we recently had people going from another Admin's account and pretty much ruined the forum, so now I only want the Admin (me) to be the only one into the Admin CP, but I still want other people to be able to ban IP's since I'm not always in the Forum, so here's how the script can go

The Admin sets a group (ie: Super Mods) to be able to ban IP's, and the people on that group are able to see like sometime of button under the avatar of every user that says "Ban IP" and when they click it, it will add their IP to Admin CP > Board Settings > Change > Banning Options

I don't know if this is too complicated, it is sorry, but I really need this and it would be appreciated.

Thanks and let me know Wink
I heard it was going to be in MyBB 1.4.x Not sure..
I'm working on a Plugin that will not only allow Mods and SMods to IP Ban, but, it'll also add a complete Mod CP to the forum for them to use.
Any news on how the mod cp is coming along?
should do something along the line with Banned Fun plugin... a way to enter an IP addy, instead of a group, or enter a ip addy to a group??