MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Trash bin module for soft-deleted content.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There has been much confusion about the purpose of the soft-deleted content.

I think the primary goal for this function was to avoid permanent delete of content, but confused raised by the incorrect implementation of the feature (i.e: quick buttons in posts for soft-deleting instead of quick buttons to unapprove)

As a counterpart to the Moderation Queue ModCP module, I would like to suggest the addition of a Trash Bin module in ModCP that lists all soft-deleted content from all forums (based on permissions), with filtering options and moderation actions to execute upon selected items.

I think this could make it to 1.9, regardless of it being in the first major (1.9.0) version or subsequent minor releases (1.9.1+).

Before deciding if creating a formal issue, please discuss.
Please note, that if in disagreement, a plugin for this ModCP module should be already possible to be coded even for 1.8
The Search can be used for this, which already supports filtering by visibility state, grouping by threads, and moderation.
You are correct, major downside I see is that the search feature can be disabled.
I definitely support this. At the moment, whatever option you choose, you get the same end result really. It *may* be easier and more convenient with the current options to choose the delete button in posts.

But IMO they do have a clear difference and clear cases each option applies.
(2021-06-16, 07:45 PM)OmarĀ G. Wrote: [ -> ]the incorrect implementation of the feature (i.e: quick buttons in posts for soft-deleting instead of quick buttons to unapprove)

Soft-deletion is available to ordinary users too though, who can't unapprove, not just mods/admins who can - right?

In any case, I think your "Trash Bin" suggestion is a good one. Thumbs up. My suggestion: we save it for 1.9.1+, and focus on getting the initial 1.9 out the door ASAP.
Here is an another plugin that worked like same as Laird said. But it qas coded for mybb 1.4

https://mods.mybb.com/view/trash-can-forum