MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Disable soft-delete quick buttons by default.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think the idea is to allow new quick buttons to be displayed in posts for additional actions than just soft-deleting content.

I think it would be ideal to disable the quick delete buttons from posts by default, and instead enable the quick unapprove buttons in posts if available.

In some sense, soft-deleting content should be as hard or complex to execute as the permanent delete actions. The approve-unapprove feature should be focused on moderation instead.

Regards.
I don't know why we still don't have the option to enable or disable soft delete!  Dodgy

Every time I update the forum I have to edit the files to disable this function.

.../forum/editpost.php
if($mybb->settings['soft_delete'] == 1 || is_moderator($fid, "cansoftdeletethreads"))
Change to: if($mybb->settings['soft_delete'] == 1 && is_moderator($fid, "cansoftdeletethreads"))

if($mybb->settings['soft_delete'] == 1 || is_moderator($fid, "cansoftdeleteposts"))
Change to: if($mybb->settings['soft_delete'] == 1 && is_moderator($fid, "cansoftdeleteposts"))

if(is_moderator($fid, "canviewdeleted"))
Change to: if($mybb->settings['soft_delete'] == 1 && is_moderator($fid, "canviewdeleted"))