MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: can be done that specific usergroups can access the link with help of css ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think without use of Template Conditional plugin it can be possible to do with only css.

i have seen somewhere in the thread matt or effone has mentioned the trick but couldn't find it.

something like that the css was.

in global.css
have to add some classes.

usergroups_1 { display: none;}
usergroups_2 { display: none;}

and in the Template the html was something like this :-

<span class="$user{['usergroup_id']} add your extra class"> content </span>

can be it possible i am not sure what was the process i am not getting the clear memory. Please help me .
in the template, you'll have to set class="usergroups_{['usergroup_id']}" and as last class to be sure no other class will override the display none.
But any kid using F12 or control+U (depending on browser) will see the link in the source, and all search engines will see (and reference) it too.
(2021-06-23, 02:26 PM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]in the template, you'll have to set class="usergroups_{['usergroup_id']}" and as last class to be sure no other class will override the display none.
But any kid using F12 or control+U (depending on browser) will see the link in the source, and all search engines will see (and reference) it too.

Thank u so much for this information.