MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can it happen that few threads got deleted automatically?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know it sounds stupid. But something like this has occurred.

I did the upgrade to 1.8.27 today, before doing it I took a backup of my database (that's how I noticed the change).

I did noticed the change after a few hours later the upgrade. A total of 5420 threads were present in our forum but now its showing 5398 threads.
If this issue was down to the upgrade, you would expect to see the change immediately once the upgrade was complete. Is it possible that another administrator/moderator deleted threads? If the purge spammer tool had been used, it may delete threads.

Could you check the moderator log in the moderator control panel and let us know the results?
(2021-06-24, 09:34 AM)vk_knight Wrote: [ -> ]I know it sounds stupid. But something like this has occurred.

I did the upgrade to 1.8.27 today, before doing it I took a backup of my database (that's how I noticed the change).

I did noticed the change after a few hours later the upgrade. A total of 5420 threads were present in our forum but now its showing 5398 threads.

maybe because the upgrade script maybe run Recount & Rebuild
I recommend that in the next update you run Recount & Rebuild first so you don't have any surprises like this.

if you have backup of DB of older version, you can try check in localhost and run Recount & Rebuild. After run check number of threads.
@Ben No one has touched the forum since the upgrade. That I can assure you.

'purge spammer' has not been used. Since, I am the only admin who have accessed the forum today.

Immediate effect or not !!! I don't know actually. Once the upgrade has been done. I went to do something else. That's how I didn't noticed the thread count.

@martec I have a copy of the database in my localhost it does have 5420 threads instead of 5398. Do I need to do the 'Recount & Rebuild' for threads in my live site?
How many actual rows are in the threads table in your local copy vs your live copy? There's no code during the upgrade that would delete threads, so it likely is just the result of a stats recount.
(2021-06-24, 10:30 AM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]How many actual rows are in the threads table in your local copy vs your live copy? There's no code during the upgrade that would delete threads, so it likely is just the result of a stats recount.

Okay, I know there is a mybb_thread in the database. But I don't know how to check or count rows !!
select count(*) from mybb_threads
Did the counting, previous one has "5412" and later one (which I did the backup now) has "5413".

It has also come to my attention that the thread count is decreasing in a wrong way. Say, every time a spammer starts a (single) thread. I delete them. Now, in the thread count it decreases by 2 or 3.