MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Attachment field missing in newthread and newreply.php
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Or an incomplete forum upgrade.
If the templates are default, the functionality will be there. All updating a theme entails is applying new changes to the templates, so reverting them to default or applying the changes manually achieves the same thing. There is no reason a theme can't be updated to show the new functionality.
In my experience, restoring the template in a responsive theme does not guarantee visibility, the css also needs to be worked over.
Edit: I'm not arguing or disputing. I just haven't sorted out one of my custom themes exhibiting the same symptoms. The only thing left is the css. One of these days I will find a Round Tuit.
If there’s CSS changes too then sure. It’s just a case of porting back whatever changes were made to core back into the theme.
Finally, i was able to find the solution myself. The basic CSS course done year ago, helped.

This is a CSS problem/conflict.

Any member, who is using a custom theme with dropdown menu could face this issue.

So, how i solved it is described here under.

First of all please save your header template on an extra text file.

Then replace in the header template every id/word
drop 

with 

dropp

SAVE IT.

Then go to the global.css of your theme.

Find

.toggle, [id^="drop"] {   
display: none;
}

And replace the

id^="drop" to id^="dropp"

It must look like:

.toggle, [id^="dropp"] {  
display: none;
}

Save, exit and hard refresh your browser.

The result will be the following.

[attachment=44798]

Have fun!

And feel free to click the rep button.
Pages: 1 2 3