MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Coloring the Bulletin Board Scrollbar
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi i was wondering where i place this code to color my scrollbar for my bulletin board:
<!--
BODY {
  scrollbar-arrow-color:686C70;
  scrollbar-track-color:141414;
  scrollbar-shadow-color:141414;
  scrollbar-face-color:141414;
  scrollbar-highlight-color:141414;
  scrollbar-darkshadow-color:141414;
  scrollbar-3dlight-color:141414;
 }
//-->
Please help!
In the Admin CP, you have a menu to edit the themes.
Choose "modify/delete" and then edit your current theme, go to the subsection "body" and just add your content in it (without "BODY {" and "}")
CrazyCat Wrote:In the Admin CP, you have a menu to edit the themes.
Choose "modify/delete" and then edit your current theme, go to the subsection "body" and just add your content in it (without "BODY {" and "}")

That didn't work.... :cry:
I even tried putting the code in every single subsection with "extra CSS attributes" and nothing seemed to work....is it a hopeless request? My theme is black and the white scrollbar just stands out completely and contrasts with everything.  I just wanted to change it but it seems like I can't =(
Please help...
It works only on IE5 and lesser. And you forgot the # leading the colors code.

I think there are specific codes for firefox, but I'm not sure you can have scrollbars modifications with IE 6 and higher.
It does work in IE6 (for me anyway), but I've never seen code to make colored scrollbars for Firefox, Opera, etc.
yeah i dont think it is possible to change the scroll bars on firefox. I had custom bars on one of my old site and it would show up in IE but not in firefox.
Oncegone Wrote:yeah i dont think it is possible to change the scroll bars on firefox. I had custom bars on one of my old site and it would show up in IE but not in firefox.
Scrollbar colors work in all version of IE, including 7, you can change them for Firefox as well, but I think it takes some java scripting to do so.

However, I'm also unable to get this forum code to change the scrollbar colors. I hope I find a solution though...
That won't work. It will work on those InvisionFree boards only. You require Javascript.