MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Bump topic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I hope mybb team will consider to add "Bump topic" feature. i used only couple of forum software. all are having "Bump topic" feature. not sure about latest IPB. but this feature is really handful.
this is very common feature. i think this feature should be core feature.
I don' think this is a "common" feature that needs to be core. You can already bump your threads by replying to them.
I've got the same view as Omar, I don't see how this would be beneficial above the features currently implemented.

Feel free to share instances where this would be more suitable vs replying to a thread.
I can't say I've seen this on any forum I've ever been on. If anything, people usually want to discourage it, and it would be confusing having threads at the top of the thread list with a date newer than the last post. I don't think this is a common feature at all.
well lets say admin made a post and he edit it after a year. to bring the thread top he have to reply for no reason. and reply for bumping a topic should consider as spam.
But bumping a thread to the top of the thread list could equally be considered spam, and would reduce the quality of the thread listing if a bunch of threads appear at the top but haven't got recent posts. And I think it would be fairly reasonable for an admin to post "please see update to previous post" - unless people know it's been edited, why would they read it again if they've already read it just because it's been bumped? Either way, this sort of feature is better suited to a plugin than a core feature.
I agree with Matt.
An admin can pin an important post, or just add a reply "first post updated on xxxxx, re-read it".
A plugin can have more settings, or could be most evoluable, than a core feature. And not everybody want this feature.
(2021-07-02, 12:21 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]But bumping a thread to the top of the thread list could equally be considered spam, and would reduce the quality of the thread listing if a bunch of threads appear at the top but haven't got recent posts. And I think it would be fairly reasonable for an admin to post "please see update to previous post" - unless people know it's been edited, why would they read it again if they've already read it just because it's been bumped? Either way, this sort of feature is better suited to a plugin than a core feature.
to prevent spam there is user group permission who can bump the thread. i came from phpbb, and frankly speaking mybb probably the best free forum board. so many feature available. however i miss some phpbb feature. well i think different board devloper think different way. like i don't need reputation system at all. adding reputation feature probably much more complicated than my suggested plugin.

i just pass the suggestion, it's upto mybb core developer decision.