MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Adlock and MyBB performance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone got any experience with this ad blocker?
A member reports a delay when editing or creating post.
Quote:It seems odd because the delay is when I hit The Reply or Post button. The delay is on the edit dialogue box opening. 45 seconds to a minute 10 seconds.

Looking briefly, AdLock appears to work as an app, separate from the browser, checking page requests against a list on their server through what they call a local VPN.
https://adlock.com/

His solution is to whitelist the forum domain.
Quote:Whitelisting the forum solves the issue, but I'm wondering what specifically AdLock does not like on this site...I'm still trying to fine tune the software.

It should be noted all forum resources are hosted on the server, with no ads. The only external references are in any post content, typically youtube videos, image links to dropbox and similar, and any hotlinked images.
Sounds like it's an issue with whatever it does to process the page, I don't think there's anything you'd be able to do about it. They'd need to look at logs in AdLock to see what it's actually checking.