MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: continues to display a message of awaiting activation after banning the user
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
continues to display a message of awaiting activation after banning the user

HI Community MyBB Heart

I have this question or issue:
a user with a suspicious email address banned him before activating the account.

Now the user is banned but I still get the message (account awaiting activation. Please go to your ACP to activate the user. Go to the ACP.) but when I enter the administration panel there is no more user because he was banned.

Sorry, I don't know if I'm making myself understood
support image

[Image: mybb-support-active-user.png]

the banned user's account should be activated or not, this message should disappear.

Just an opinion, thanks for your support Blush
Wondered about this for a long time.  Our standard practice is to activate - then ban.  Not ideal - because you're now sending an email to the spammer.  You can work around this by banning username, email, or IP - then deleting.  Which works - activation disappears.  But not the best IMO - lol.
My administration part I am doing well,
I don't understand your point...

can you be clearer please? 

So I understand your solution is to delete the user?  the easy way... I understand it

Another comment  or feedback are Welcome
No - we activate and ban.  

Just pointing out you can delete without maintaining activation notice.  Which involves more effort to effectively ban the account and is not ideal.
If I've understood this correctly and the main complaint is the notice remaining after the account is banned (moved to the banned group) you can try to run the recount and rebuild tools in the ACP and let us know if that solves the issue.
(2021-07-01, 06:13 PM)Ben Wrote: [ -> ]If I've understood this correctly and the main complaint is the notice remaining after the account is banned (moved to the banned group) you can try to run the recount and rebuild tools in the ACP and let us know if that solves the issue.

Thank you so much for support.
I am try to rebuild cache and now its ok,
the user ([email protected]) still in group in banned and the And the waiting (account awaiting activation. Please go to your ACP to activate the user. Go to the ACP) disappeared

Thank you so much, This step solved my issue.

And sorry for the inconvenience, I reported it because it didn't seem normal... sorry

Muchas Gracias por el Soporte +1
Hi,

Thank you for your report. We have pushed this issue to our Github repository for further analysis where you can track our commits and progress with fixing this bug. Discussions regarding this bug may also take place there too.

Follow this link to visit the issue on Github: https://github.com/mybb/mybb/issues/4402

Thanks for contributing to MyBB!

Regards,
The MyBB Group
Not at all, this is still a bug and Omar has pushed it along with a proposed permanent fix. Currently, this issue is likely to just keep re occurring.