MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: phpFreeChat has been updated -- plugin update is coming
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
All,
The phpFreeChat community has released an updated version of their chat software, 1.9-beta.

I have reworked the plugin to take advantage of this new code, and am in the process of testing it on my site. There have been some changes, but I believe the new 1.9-beta version of the chat session should work with version 1.1-beta of the plugin - albeit not the most efficiently.

From now on, I will sync the version of my plugin to the latest version of phpFreeChat it supports. That is, my next release of the plugin will be called 1.9-beta. Keep your eyes peeled for it, as I'd like to get it out this week.

Ichibod
Hello Ichibod

I have made a german plugin based on yours but with some own new code. Take a look at my solutions, maybe you can use (or you can give me advice how to do things better Wink )

Download at mybbcoder.de

Works Verry nice. Thank you verry much for your 'Frame'!

ernolf
Is it a plugin for MyBB?
If not it should be here.
phpFreeChat is an independent project.  But, I mention it here because I've written a plugin that allows MyBB users to embed one of these sessions into their board.  The update to PFC is mentioned because users of my plugin will probably want to upgrade their chat clients to get the latest features.

http://mods.mybboard.com/view.php?did=493

BTW ernolf,
If I worked out the language support features (as I've been wanting/needing to do), can you help me translate into an official German version? Looking at the code changes you've made, it seems 99% of it is simply translation - not functionality differences. My latest 1.9-beta plugin will have many more options than the 1.1-beta did - including those few I noticed you added. Perhaps it would be better just to unify the project into 1 plugin rather than a handful of separate?
UPDATE:

I'm putting the finishing touches on the official release of the 1.9-beta version of the phpFreeChat plugin. ernwolf's work prompted me to finish up full language support for the plugin. I've used his initial German translation to create a German language pack for it. (Of course, it'll need double-checked by someone that knows the language. Wink).

Anyway, is anyone else interested in assisting by doing some translation work? If so, let me know and I'll send you the language file to translate. It should be very straight-forward and only take a few moments for those with fluency.

Thanks!
Ichibod Wrote:BTW ernolf,
If I worked out the language support features (as I've been wanting/needing to do), can you help me translate into an official German version? Looking at the code changes you've made, it seems 99% of it is simply translation - not functionality differences. My latest 1.9-beta plugin will have many more options than the 1.1-beta did - including those few I noticed you added. Perhaps it would be better just to unify the project into 1 plugin rather than a handful of separate?

Great! Lets do it!

Look at my newest release (0.0.3-beta). I implemented Forum-Avatars and bugfixed-files from pfc SVN-Repository:
http://www.mybbcoder.de/showthread.php?t...77#pid2377

ernolf
ernolf Wrote:
Ichibod Wrote:BTW ernolf,
If I worked out the language support features (as I've been wanting/needing to do), can you help me translate into an official German version?  Looking at the code changes you've made, it seems 99% of it is simply translation - not functionality differences.  My latest 1.9-beta plugin will have many more options than the 1.1-beta did - including those few I noticed you added.  Perhaps it would be better just to unify the project into 1 plugin rather than a handful of separate?

Great! Lets do it!

Look at my newest release (0.0.3-beta). I implemented Forum-Avatars and bugfixed-files from pfc SVN-Repository:
http://www.mybbcoder.de/showthread.php?t...77#pid2377

ernolf

Fantastic... I'll dig into it. I'll setup a mechanism for us (and anyone else that wants to play) to share code and collaborate.
Hello!

There is a new Version of the phpFreeChat:

Final 1.0 see: http://www.phpfreechat.net/changelog.en.html#v1.0-final

Is there an update for this Plugin in progress?

Thanks, GM!