MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Duplicate Attachments 1.8.27
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is anyone else having an issue with duplicate uploads when dragging and dropping an attachment?

Using MacOS Safari 14.0.3

Thought it was just me but just tried it on here.
Please confirm if its only with Safari.
It appears to be just desktop Safari. Mobile iOS Safari seems to work ok.
Is anyone else able to reproduce?
Does this happen if using the default theme?
Yes

____
(2021-07-07, 05:54 PM)woostar Wrote: [ -> ]Is anyone else able to reproduce?

i have that browser Safari version 10.12 I don't use this browser very much because I think it's very bad, but I did do a test.

these were my results:
- when I try to attach a file, shows me the error:
Quote:This post already contains an attachment with the name "Name_of the_ File Attach". Please rename the file and upload it again. Alternatively you may click "Update Attachment".

the curious thing is that there is only one file:

[Image: My-BB-Safari.png]

fortunately I use another browser like Firefox which does not give me this problem.

Greetings Community

Big Grin
That's a very old version of Safari but thank you for checking Smile
One report of a duplicated webp file. Member said he only dropped one instance in the dropzone, but it is uploaded twice. They are two separate attachments, but same filename and identical content.

Safari version 15.2 on a fairly recent MacBook.

I have access to an older Safari browser 13.1.2. A short test of multiple files did not produce duplicates.

Finally upgraded to 1.8.29, and I can certainly understand some admins' reluctance to make the change. 1829 is a custom theme buster when moving up from 1826. And it's not simply a matter of reverting a couple of templates. But that's a story for another thread. Big Grin
A followup.

A forum member who uses Safari 15.2 sees duplicate attachments using drag and drop.
First try minutes ago using Click to open the selection dialogue box has no duplicates.

If drag and drop is problematic for some of my userbase, how do I change the event listener to click-only?
Currently there are 8 events tie to the dragzone: click, drag, dragend, dragenter, dragleave, dragover, dragstart, and drop.
Pages: 1 2