MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I don't get it ..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So log in to my Admin CP this morning to find it telling me it's time to upgrade from 1.8.26.   No problem.   I backup my database via the forum facility then I go to my web hosting page and do a full backup of all files and databases as well.

I click on the "You are currently running..." link in the admin CP to take me to the download page and I click "Download MyBB 1.8.27".

When the file is downloaded, I unzip it and go to my hosting control panel to upload the files, which I then do, overwriting the existing files.

I go to <my website>/install/upgrade.php and get "Welcome to the upgrade wizard for MyBB 1.8.26."

And in the dropbox to select the old version of my forum software, the maximum it's offering me is 1.8.23.

So I go through the whole process and it completes successfully without a problem but i'm still only on 1.8.26.

It does seem to have caused a problem with the quick reply box though, as shown in the attached.

So i'm really not sure what i'm doing wrong here.
As per the other thread you posted in, if it’s still saying the old version, then the new files haven’t been uploaded properly. They need to overwrite the old files.
(2021-07-10, 09:57 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]As per the other thread you posted in, if it’s still saying the old version, then the new files haven’t been uploaded properly. They need to overwrite the old files.

I've just gone in to the "Upload" folder on my desktop and zipped everything up inside there so I can upload it to my root folder of my webspace and choose "Extract Here", which I've just done.

I run <my website>/install/upgrade.php again and I again see the screen with "Welcome to the upgrade wizard for MyBB 1.8.26.".

The dropdown box is now offering me "1.8.24, 1.8.25 or 1.8.26" so I click "Next"

Updating Database - Added 0 New Tasks.   Click "Next"
Templates Reverted - Click "Next"
Settings Synchronized - 0 new settings inserted along with 0 new settings groups - click "Next"
Building Caches.. Done - click "Next"

Congratulations, your copy of MyBB has successfully been updated to 1.8.26 .. so right back where I started.  Again.
Yes, so the files are just not being replaced properly. You need to make sure they are overwriting the existing files, it sounds like they're being uploaded somewhere else. If you can't see where they're going, PM me FTP login details and I can upload.
Thanks. I FTP'ed in myself and did it and, rather weirdly, it just worked - i ran the upgrade script and it told me i didn't have to do anything as it was already done. I assume that since i'd already run the script a few times, any other changes were already done.

Don't know why it was a pain as i've uploaded files like that before without an issue.

I forgot to mention that the problem with the quick reply box is still there as well.