MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: phpFreeChat v.1-9beta released
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's hosted -- with a whole slew of updates.

Unfortunately, I realized this morning that I had some typos in the text describing it that could be confusing. So, I fixed the typos -- but that forced the plugin back into validation. Anyway, hopefully it'll be back visible shortly. (Pleeeeease Musical :neutralSmile

Anyway, if you are interested in this mod please grab this latest version as soon as it's available -- I think you will like the improvements.

Also, since I'm getting nice colaboration from a variety of other MyBB users/coders, I will be setting up an official development effort to ease code sharing and enhancing. This should allow more people to more easily participate. If you are interested in jumping in, please stay tuned.

Ichi
I've uploaded it and it works fine (so far), but I do have a concern. I was hoping that you (or someone else) would know how to change it so that the chat ONLY shows up on the main index page. I don't like that it's global and follows you around. It slows down surfing the forum, since the chat has to load before you can do anything!

edit: Nevermind, I found a solution. I just moved the variable {$pfc_mybb} from the header template to the index template. Now I just need to know how to manage the usergroups without having to actually change the code? Is that possible?

edit again: Well, for now, I have edited the code to adjust for my custom groups, but there should really be a place in ACP to specify this. All custom groups should not be lumped together! Just a suggestion, but the mod is working fine. I only wish the "chat loading" thing doesn't happen everytime. That slows down the forum. Too bad it doesn't do that after you try to join the chat! Is there a way to adjust this? Big Grin Anyway, great work!!

third edit: I've had a productive afternoon! LOL...I solved my last problem by simply moving the variable to the portal template below the header variable. That way, it removes the annoying "chat loading" from the index but still enables me to have an integrated chat! And since the portal is hardly used, this gives it more of a purpose! Smile
hehe... I was going to say that you should have been able to swap it to use index by changes some of the code -- uncomment the index stuff, comment out the header stuff.  But, looks like you're all over that.

Also, I'm currently working on changing the integration to get it out of the page all together.  This will be fairly easy.  I just need to find the time to do it.  This should fix the page loading problems created by having that refresh everytime the user goes anywhere on MyBB.

As for the AdminCP stuff, I've thought about trying to give the user the option of tweaking where this goes through the AdminCP.  For the moment, however, I'm not sure how that would work.  It's location is set during activation/deactivation --- which all takes place before the AdminCP does anything with it.  //sigh//  I'll keep looking into it.  I've also already enabled a method for the user to disable the chat on a per user basis using the UserCP. It's under-testing on my private site - so that'll be coming soon too.

More updates on the way.
Wow..disable on a per user basis? That would be neat!
It's on it's way. Smile