MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: what is upload count limit?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A forum member is now encountering problems creating a post with attachments. He gets a message
Quote:There has been an error due to your post data being empty. This could be due to a browser page refresh or direct access to this page. We recommend you press the browser back button and begin again.
Other members, including me, can successfully upload attachments.

He is, however, our most prolific content provider with an attachment count at 307,100

Is there a limit on upload count because of the database? I think not, since all the fields that are related are int(10) unsigned, so numbers from 0 up to 4,294,967,295 are possible.
You'd be getting a different error if it were database related, this is the actual POST request to the server that has an issue.

Were lots of attachments trying to be uploaded in one go? Does it happen every time, or work without attachments?
Able to post without attachments. Unable to post with a single attachment showing screenshot of error. I see nothing in error logs, either server or forum, so that says things are working as expected in that regard. Was able to post [attachments] last 7/8/21, not able to since then.

Member typically uploads a post with 50 attachments, as that is the limit set in forum config. I'm going to walk through his process in real time with him on the phone.

The empty post message suggests he has a browser issue. For some reason, I'm not clear on why, he uses an old version Opera browser. Although he said same problem with other browsers, whatever that means.

I've suggested logging off, clearing browser cache and cookies related to forum, then logging back in to try again. I'll find out more in real time diagnosis.

[edit to add bracketed text.]
The error is triggered if either the HTTP POST or FILES arrays are empty, which shouldn't normally happen

if((empty($_POST) && empty($_FILES)) && $mybb->get_input('processed', MyBB::INPUT_INT) == 1)

You may need to debug with them what is and isn't being sent to the server.