MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Error when trying to register - image verification
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all, 
I am testing out MyBB on local host and I am running into this issue when I try to register a new user on my forum. 
[attachment=44226]

When I try to register I get the warning box that says "The image verification code that you entered was incorrect. Please enter the code exactly how it appears in the image." However, the only security question was "What is 2 + 2". There was no image even on the screen. 

I am on PHP Version 8.0.7 so I think that might be the problem but I'm not sure. 

I am a newbie to MyBB so I'd appreciate any advice or help you can offer. Thank you!  Smile
The trouble seems to be that the hidden captcha is not generated or the corresponding hidden field not filled.
Try to disable it in ACP Board Settings » Login and Registration Options, Display a hidden CAPTCHA, this will temporaly solve your trouble.

I can't say if it's a trouble with templates or with PHP8, I didn't test MyBB with PHP8 yet.
There are still some issues to be resolved for PHP 8, so it's best to use PHP 7.4 for now.

I submitted a change for these particular errors in https://github.com/mybb/mybb/pull/4386/c...521a4bf768
(2021-07-14, 01:37 PM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]The trouble seems to be that the hidden captcha is not generated or the corresponding hidden field not filled.
Try to disable it in ACP Board Settings » Login and Registration Options, Display a hidden CAPTCHA, this will temporaly solve your trouble.

I can't say if it's a trouble with templates or with PHP8, I didn't test MyBB with PHP8 yet.

Thank you for your quick response!
However, I already have that option set to no. So, that will not help. Any other ideas?  Blush

(2021-07-14, 01:45 PM)Devilshakerz Wrote: [ -> ]There are still some issues to be resolved for PHP 8, so it's best to use PHP 7.4 for now.

I submitted a change for these particular errors in https://github.com/mybb/mybb/pull/4386/c...521a4bf768

I am working on localhost right now. Any idea on how to change from php 8 to php 7.4?
(2021-07-14, 02:08 PM)atek Wrote: [ -> ]I am working on localhost right now. Any idea on how to change from php 8 to php 7.4?

Depend on your "localhost", if it's a wamp (or xamp), a linux (on physical or VM), ...
(2021-07-14, 02:12 PM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-07-14, 02:08 PM)atek Wrote: [ -> ]I am working on localhost right now. Any idea on how to change from php 8 to php 7.4?

Depend on your "localhost", if it's a wamp (or xamp), a linux (on physical or VM), ...

I am using XAMPP