MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Unable to access my website
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm not able to access my website it gives an error message (44), this is the link to my website:

http://www.forum.kotle.ca/

I need help fixing this, and other problems with my website.
What is your database extension set to in ./inc/config.php? If it is mysql, change to mysqli

If it is already set to this, you will need to contact your host, as the MySQLi PHP extension doesn't seem to be installed.
(2021-07-14, 05:42 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]What is your database extension set to in ./inc/config.php? If it is mysql, change to mysqli

If it is already set to this, you will need to contact your host, as the MySQLi PHP extension doesn't seem to be installed.

I have spoken to them twice, and they are referring me to a web developer.
Have you changed the database extension? At the top of ./inc/config.php there will be a line that starts with this:

$config['database']['type']

Change the value to mysqli, like this:

$config['database']['type'] = 'mysqli';

If you've tried mysql and mysqli and neither work then they need to install the missing database extensions on the server. If they're refusing to help, you'll need to switch hosts. You won't be able to install any software that uses MySQL if they haven't got the PHP extensions installed.