MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: DVZ Mentions - Thread Views stops
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I had recently upgrade my MyBB forum from an older version of MyBB,
just After the upgrade thread views were working but I don't know what happened after a few hours older thread views count stopped working, though the freshly created thread's view count is working fine.

What all I have tried so far:
  • Recount & Rebuild > Rebuild Thread Counters
  • Turned OFF Delayed Thread View Updates
  • Cache Manager > Rebuild and Reloaded all

But after deactivating the DVZ Mentions Plugin, the views of the thread start counting again, so most probably its the cause.

After the upgrade, I had also updated the Plugin from 0.6 to the latest version (1.0.5) by overriding the files and deactivating/reactivating.

I even tried to uninstall then reinstall the plugin but still the same, as soon as the plugin gets activated, threads views stop getting counted.

was there any database change that got skipped during updating from 0.6 to 1.0.5?
Does viewing the threads from different accounts, or guests, make a difference? It may be related to the new settings and logic: https://github.com/mybb/mybb/pull/4266/files

You can also enable error logging and see if any errors appear in the log file.
(2021-07-19, 11:54 AM)Devilshakerz Wrote: [ -> ]Does viewing the threads from different accounts, or guests, make a difference? It may be related to the new settings and logic: https://github.com/mybb/mybb/pull/4266/files
You can also enable error logging and see if any errors appear in the log file.
I PMed you the log (after enabling and opening the index page first time)
no error gets logged once the plugin gets disabled.

after you said, I came to this conclusion:
I had tried to view threads that were not created by me - they were the ones that were affected.
tried to view the threads created by me - working just fine (thread views are counted there).
for guests - none of the thread views are counted
for the fact, I left the MyBB settings for these untouched, so I don't think those would be the ones causing:
[Image: zv4giuo.png]

also, I found this plugin also causing forum read/unread mark buggy, only turns as read when user after visiting last unread post in the forum and then opens the thread list of the forum, then only that forum's read indicator gets marked as unread. though this has been observed for few threads only. but when uninstalling the plugin, everything gets fixed.

Edit: Here is a sample of error from error log:
<error>
	<dateline>1626709314</dateline>
	<script>inc/class_parser.php</script>
	<line>2016</line>
	<type>512</type>
	<friendly_type>User Warning</friendly_type>
	<message>Parser output validation failed.
array (
  'sourceHtmlEntities' => 'Actually, no I haven\'t watched it @Mashiro.  Thanks for recommending it.  I just noticed I can get it on YouTube.',
  'outputHtmlEntities' => 'Actually, no I haven\'t watched it &lt;DVZ_ME#0&gt;.  Thanks for recommending it.  I just noticed I can get it on YouTube.',
  'errors' => 
  array (
    0 => 
    LibXMLError::__set_state(array(
       'level' => 3,
       'code' => 68,
       'column' => 48,
       'message' => 'error parsing attribute name
',
       'file' => '',
       'line' => 1,
    )),
    1 => 
       'level' => 3,
       'code' => 65,
       'column' => 48,
       'message' => 'attributes construct error
',
       'file' => '',
       'line' => 1,
    )),
    2 => 
       'level' => 3,
       'code' => 73,
       'column' => 48,
       'message' => 'Couldn\'t find end of Start Tag DVZ_ME line 1
',
       'file' => '',
       'line' => 1,
    )),
  ),
)</message>
	<back_trace>#0  errorHandler->error() called at [/inc/class_parser.php:2016]
#1  postParser->validate_output() called at [/inc/class_parser.php:1957]
#2  postParser->output_allowed() called at [/inc/class_parser.php:284]
#3  postParser->parse_message() called at [/inc/plugins/dvz_shoutbox.php:1379]
#4  dvz_shoutbox::parse() called at [/inc/plugins/dvz_shoutbox.php:1307]
#5  dvz_shoutbox::render_shout() called at [/inc/plugins/dvz_shoutbox.php:832]
#6  dvz_shoutbox::load_window() called at [/inc/class_plugins.php:136]
#7  pluginSystem->run_hooks() called at [/index.php:444]
</back_trace>
</error>

looks like the parser is trying to find the end tag for <DVZ_ME#0>
The parser validation errors will be solved in an upcoming version (https://github.com/dvz/mybb-dvzMentions/...a47d5b0fc3), but shouldn't be related to thread counting or read status.

Do you use the MyAlerts integration? Does File Verification show any problems?
(2021-07-20, 03:05 PM)Devilshakerz Wrote: [ -> ]The parser validation errors will be solved in an upcoming version (https://github.com/dvz/mybb-dvzMentions/...a47d5b0fc3), but shouldn't be related to thread counting or read status.

Do you use the MyAlerts integration? Does File Verification show any problems?
Yes I had enabled MyAlerts integration too, and there was no file change (except the one which was done by Google seo plugin). Also while uploading files I saw that few files had different file size (more than 1 such files) I had downloaded the earlier 1.0.5 version of plugin from mybb extended store.
So maybe either I missed few files from replacement or extended store and GitHub, both have some files which differ.

Anyways everything got fixed after this update, thanks alot Smile