MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Attachment Shows Unlimited quota message to everyone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

The attachment box shows message like 'Your allocated attachment usage quota is Unlimited.' to everyone(registered, moderator, admin).
How to fix it?

2. When a user attached a file more then allowed quota the site got loading and after few seconds it shows site can't be reached error message.
How to fix it?

Thanks
Hi,

1. in ACP, Home » User Groups » Edit User Group (for each group), check the tab Forums and posts, section Attachment Options. Set to any value different fro 0 ti have a quota.

2. I don't understand, you previously said quota is unlimited and now you're speaking of file more than allowed quota ? BTW, the trouble is probably not in MyBB but in your server settings (post_max_size, upload_max_filesize, ...) or resources usage / configuration
(2021-07-21, 06:18 AM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

1. in ACP, Home » User Groups » Edit User Group (for each group), check the tab Forums and posts, section Attachment Options. Set to any value different fro 0 ti have a quota.

2. I don't understand, you previously said quota is unlimited and now you're speaking of file more than allowed quota ? BTW, the trouble is probably not in MyBB but in your server settings (post_max_size, upload_max_filesize, ...) or resources usage / configuration

Hi,

Thanks for quick response,

1. This issue is resolved i forgot to assign the quota in Group.
2. Let me explain you once like i have a user call abc and i allowed him 10MB of quota but when he try to upload more then 10MB then after some loading he gets "This site can’t be reached" error. But instead of this it should get an error like you are not allowed upload more then 10MB hope you got it.
If the site become unreachable, the trouble is from server itself. Probably that the upload asks too much resources, so your httpd kills the connection (just an hypothesis).

Check your server logs (php and apache/nginx)
(2021-07-21, 07:55 AM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]If the site become unreachable, the trouble is from server itself. Probably that the upload asks too much resources, so your httpd kills the connection (just an hypothesis).

Hi,

I see an Error like this 'Warning: POST Content-Length of 1142055537 bytes exceeds the limit of 209715200 bytes in Unknown on line 0'
Check your hosting for what the file upload limit is
(2021-07-21, 08:41 AM)Ricsca Wrote: [ -> ]Check your hosting for what the file upload limit is

i got it the upload size is 256MB but this is not the issue, The real issue is User gets to notify that he is trying to upload more then allowed quota and MyBB should show an error.
(2021-07-21, 08:38 AM)bhaskar Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-07-21, 07:55 AM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]If the site become unreachable, the trouble is from server itself. Probably that the upload asks too much resources, so your httpd kills the connection (just an hypothesis).

Hi,

I see an Error like this 'Warning: POST Content-Length of 1142055537 bytes exceeds the limit of 209715200 bytes in Unknown on line 0'

(2021-07-21, 09:25 AM)bhaskar Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-07-21, 08:41 AM)Ricsca Wrote: [ -> ]Check your hosting for what the file upload limit is

i got it the upload size is 256MB but this is not the issue, The real issue is User gets to notify that he is trying to upload more then allowed quota and MyBB should show an error.

If you have a PHP error, you cannot have the MyBB error, as the check is done using PHP.
A way to avoid this trouble may be to add a JS check before the file is sent, but it won't work for every user.
(2021-07-21, 10:47 AM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-07-21, 08:38 AM)bhaskar Wrote: [ -> ]

Hi,

(2021-07-21, 09:25 AM)bhaskar Wrote: [ -> ]

If you have a PHP error, you cannot have the MyBB error, as the check is done using PHP.
A way to avoid this trouble may be to add a JS check before the file is sent, but it won't work for every user.

Then what can i do in this situation? Huh
Correct your php.ini: verify that you well setted both post_max_size and upload_max_filesize.