MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB has experienced an internal error and cannot continue.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, suddently my forum is returning this error (status code 503) message when I open it:

MyBB Internal Error
MyBB has experienced an internal error and cannot continue.

If you're a visitor of this website, please wait a few minutes and try again. If this problem persists, please contact the site owner.

If you are the site owner, please check the MyBB Documentation for help resolving common issues, or get technical help on the MyBB Community Forums.

I've try to change the log setting as mentioned in the docs:

$settings['errorloglocation'] = "./error.log";
$settings['errorlogmedium'] = "log";
$settings['errortypemedium'] = "both";

But no log is generated and there is no too much info in the error message above, I have no idea what to do. I'm using myBB 1.8.XX (I guess it's the 1.8.25, I'm not in the latest version, was about to upgrate this week)
can you access you forum acp ?
Ok, the problem was related to the PHP version my server was running, they changed all servers to use PHP 7.4 without tell us, so I switch bacck to the 5.6 and it is working again.

Btw, there is any tutorial how to use PHP 7.4 with myBB?
Upgrading MyBB to the latest version may help.

There are no known issues with PHP 7.4 on MyBB 1.8.27, but using outdated extensions may cause some problems.
Cool, thank you, gonna give a try on it then and check why it broke using PHP 7.4

Btw, upgrade the forum and everything is ok using PHP 5.6, when I change it to use PHP 7.4 I get the error below:

Error Type:
MyBB Error (44)
Error Message:
MyBB was unable to load the SQL extension. Please contact the MyBB Group for support. MyBB Website

Not sure if I would need to change some setting to make it work, but I won't change the thread subject anymore, I will take a look in the PHP upgrade soon and I open a new thead if necessary.

Thank you all again!
In ./inc/config.php your database engine is likely set to "mysql", change it to "mysqli" instead.
[attachment=46673]

I try to install & active this plugin https://community.mybb.com/thread-84084.html , but this comes. Anyway to fix this?
I'm using latest MyBB 1.8.37
(2024-02-19, 11:29 AM)poeja Wrote: [ -> ]I try to install & active this plugin https://community.mybb.com/thread-84084.html , but this comes. Anyway to fix this?
I'm using latest MyBB 1.8.37

That's an old plugin (last updated 2018), and that's a generic error.  If you want to troubleshoot, turn on error handling.  You need to change your settings to show warnings and errors, or log to a file.  Then you will get the actual error message.