MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Trouble Restoring Website
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I had a small club website I built on an older version of MyBB, possibly v1.6. Had backed up the site, but I don't think I have the database that went with it. I'm trying, some years later now, to reactivate the site, which I've uploaded to a host but I'm getting an error and don't know how to proceed.

MyBB SQL Error
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
2002 - Connection refused
Query:
[READ] Unable to connect to MySQL server
If you're sure the database details in ./inc/config.php are correct, you'll need to contact your host to resolve this.
(2021-07-21, 09:13 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]If you're sure the database details in ./inc/config.php are correct, you'll need to contact your host to resolve this.

Actually, I'm sure the database details are NOT correct. 

Regarding the config.php file, if my database name is epiz_xxxxxxxx_MySql do I put

$config['database']['database'] = 'xxxxxxxx_MySql';

$config['database']['table_prefix'] = 'epiz_';

???

I tried this an now I'm getting an error:

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
0 -
Query:
[READ] Unable to select database

OK so, I actually found my database backup and successfully imported it to my new site host. I'm currently uploading the entire php site from the backup folder the database was in, assuming they're a matched set. Question, the site is currently in a 'master' folder, should I upload that folder to the host with all the site contents, or should I upload the contents of that folder but not the folder itself? For example, the folder is 'mysite.co' and contains and 'images' 'inc' 'install' 'jscripts' 'uploads' etc. folders. Do I want the 'mysite.co' folder in the 'htdocs' (put site files here) of my host directory, or just the contents? I'm assuming the incorrect directory structure will break the site. Does the database care?