MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum templates arent working properly after update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi so basically, I updated MyBB from 1.8.26 to 1.8.27, and after activating all of the plugins I ran into an issue in which forum templates are destroyed, before the update everything was working fine. I just disabled plugins updated and enabled them. The whole site design is destroyed now.
Any ideas?
That doesn't sound right.  The upgrade from 1826 to 1827 wouldn't have anything to do with your plugins.  Unless the plugin developer released upgrades too.  Some did of course...

Besides, I wouldn't do an upgrade without backing up the database first.  Main reason, so you can roll back changes quite easily by restoring the db.  If you upgraded plugins - rolling back the files takes care of that.  Which the upgrade docs mention in their reference to files and database.

So no idea really, based on that description...
(2021-07-23, 10:39 PM)nixer55 Wrote: [ -> ]That doesn't sound right.  The upgrade from 1826 to 1827 wouldn't have anything to do with your plugins.  Unless the plugin developer released upgrades too.  Some did of course...

Besides, I wouldn't do an upgrade without backing up the database first.  Main reason, so you can roll back changes quite easily by restoring the db.  If you upgraded plugins - rolling back the files takes care of that.  Which the upgrade docs mention in their reference to files and database.

So no idea really, based on that description...

Database is backed up and all of the files from 1.8.26
does your template working fine when all plugins are disable?

active plugin one by one and find out which plugin making the problem.

depends on your plugin you can uninstall the plugin and install again unless it's using database (thank you/newpoints etc), in this way plugin will auto add required template code.
(2021-07-24, 12:32 AM)lkop Wrote: [ -> ]does your template working fine when all plugins are disable?

active plugin one by one and find out which plugin making the problem.

depends on your plugin you can uninstall the plugin and install again unless it's using database (thank you/newpoints etc), in this way plugin will auto add required template code.

Yeah it works fine, I activated plugin one by one and know which one is changing theme/templates but I still need to use them and reinstalling them doesn't give me anything
you should post the plugin name here if you already know it, to get better assistance.
(2021-07-24, 01:55 AM)lkop Wrote: [ -> ]you should post the plugin name here if you already know it, to get better assistance.

I can clearly see big difference after enabling those 2 plugins:
Last Poster Avatar (3.0.4)
OUGC Awards (1.8.22)
i think you should ask in plugin support to get better support. Omar (OUGC) and Whiteneo (Last Poster Avatar) both are active developer and really helpful person.

and not to mention in template which part you seeing problem you should mention. it's really hard for people to help if they don't know the problem properly. if it's coz of just mybb upgrade that would be different issue though.