MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Subscribe and receive PM notification of new replies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When a user writes a treads, "Do not subscribe to this thread" is selected by default

how can i set "Subscribe and receive PM notification of new replies"?
Play around with - UserCP - Edit Options - Messaging and Notification - Default Thread Subscription Mode
I would like to set it from administration for all users
I'd mess with subscriptionmethod in theme template usercp_options. But haven't tried or tested either...
You can do it via SQL: update mybb_users set subscriptionmethod=3. This will set "Instant PM notification" to all users.

newer users won't be affected, so you'll have to add a task or change the registration template to hide this choice and force this setting.

Personnal think: users must be free to choose if they want or not to subscribe.
When users write a tread they are obviously interested and at least one email should receive notifying them.
When I write a thread, I come back to see if there are answers. I subscribe only if I think it's important for me to quickly know there is a reaction.

And if y remember well, activating the thread subscribtion makes subscribe to any thread you participate in, no care if you're the initiator or not.
Our board has over 17k members.  Generates enough PM's and emails as is without turning subscriptions on by default. Toungue