MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Download Section 2.0.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey,

I just installed the Download Section plugin V2.0.1 on our board, everything works as it should, but there is one problem we have with our releases.
As we release quite big sized files we use the rar format to split them into smaller packages. The problem here is that the upload script of the plugin renames the uploaded files and if you download the parts of the big archive again, you wount be able to do so because of the different names.

Here are my two questions:
1.) Why are the uploaded files renamed at all and
2.) is there a way to disable renaming easily (I don't know php at all, but I'm familiar with programming)?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards

HB
Sorry, I mean you wount be able to unpack the whole archive from the 3 parts because the three files that make the three parts were renamed with cryptic numbers and not sequential, so unless you rename them again on your HD, you wount be able to unpack them.
I'll add the ability to disable download renaming in a future release of the plugin.

If you would like to disable file renaming manually for the moment, open the downloads.php file in your forum root directory and look for the following line of code:
$filename = "download_".$mybb->user['uid']."_".time().".".$ext;

Replace it with this:
$filename = $attachment['name'];

I should point out however, that I haven't had chance to test this myself as yet.
Thanks ... Ill try it out and tell you if it works as soon as I know ... after doing a complete backup ^^...
Ok, I tested it a bit and it seems to work, if I'll notice any problems I'll let you know.
Hi there, thought i would put it in here as well cause im having a prob with download section as well as a couple of other mods i have installed

when i click any mods - i.e. arcade or download i receive this error

Quote:Access Denied

You do not have permission to access this part of the administration control panel.
I am admin on the site but i also checked the main admin account and it says the same, can this be fixed?