MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Create a "sister" forum based on an already existing one
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!

I hope this is the right place to ask this question Smile

I have one forum already which is empty, but I have it set up the way I want - theme and graphics, plugins and everything else.

I'd like to have another forum which is exactly like my first one, only I'll change the colour scheme and some minor things.

I attempted to do it by uploading a backup from my 1st forum to my 2nd forum... if anyone tried that, you know it doesn't work.

It moves the entire forum, including its address and admin account so when you try to log in, it changes the address back to 1st forum.

It seems the source of this problem are:

config.php
datahandler.php
db_base.php

In the INC folder.

But when I don't move them, the 2nd forum doesn't look like my 1st one and I don't know what other consequences it could have.

At this point I'm not sure if it's possible to do this as easily as I thought?

Could anyone please advise how do go about it?

Thank you xx
well copy the database to your empty second database and than
, just copy all the files to the second forum's file manager and change the details of site details and database details in config.php , settings.php also don't forget to change the cookies domain in settings.php

after all these thing if your forum redirect to your 1st forum than try to change details in php_myadmin database